Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fruit Smoothie with Soy Milk


It's been a couple weeks since my last post - but there have been a string of illnesses in the family and food has been the last thing on my mind! We have been living on tea and saltines trying to get over various stomach bugs.  Fingers crossed sick season is over now.

I try to drink one of these every day...I am not the best at eating a piece of fruit but if I blend it up with some vanilla soy milk it goes down so much easier.  My daughter loves these too and it is a good way to get her to eat fruit other than bananas. Frozen berries are a dream come true for me.  If I do buy fresh fruit it can generally be found weeks later looking very poorly at the back of the produce drawer.

This 3 ingredient smoothie is awesome for breakfast, as a healthy snack or dessert and takes only a couple of minutes to make with a hand mixer.


Method and Preparation: Serves 2 adults + a toddler

  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
  • 1 1/4 cups Vanilla Soy Milk (I use Natura brand)
  • 1 banana
Put the fruit, soy milk and banana into a tall plastic container, take out your hand blender and whizz up until smooth!  It's that easy.


*Another smoothie option I like is Litchi juice (Ceres brand), frozen blueberries and banana.


I use a Cuisinart hand blender and it is the most used tool in the kitchen. I highly suggest buying something like this if you don't have one already.

    5 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Mmmm that looks lovely!

    Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

    i've wondered about those hand blenders, good to know, thanks, I feel like my standard blender is such a nuisance to clean and is always getting clogged when I do cold stuff.

    Vic said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    North of 49 said...

    hey there since when did you give out recipes?
    Cool though I am tempted to try the soup!

    Unknown said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.